Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Fiji Time

All right...this blog is going to be short and sweet due to the fact I had to buy an internet card and have limited time.
My last few days in Fiji have been awesome and wildly crazy.  Day time is usually pretty chill but night time is a  completely different story...I do not know how my body was able to handle it ...actually it gave up on my the other night.  We started drinking lightly and then two decks of cards and Bounty rum came out and it was over from there we ended up getting everyone skinny dipping in the pool at who knows what time.  I lost my clothes of course and then spent half the night puking in the toilet lol.  I felt horrible.  Thank god travellers look out for eachother because everyone kept checking on me.  One of the English guys was like "Emmie I found your pants and shirt"  oh boy...can't wait for those pictures haha.
Yesterday a bunch of us packed up and moved closer to the airport.  Smugglers Cove, definately not Beachouse.  We were so spoiled over there.  Its almost like a big resort with an ugly beach view and not overly great service, but, Matt and I ended up in a private room which was awesome because I literally unpacked everything and organized all my stuff including sewing my first patch on my backpack!   Some of the girls are heading over to Mana today and convinced me to change my flight and stay in Fiji an extra $5 days.   Was all over it but changing my flight was pricey and then I would've had to change my Aussie flight as well and just decided to go forward to New Zealand.
Paige is here (Canadian from flight I met on the way here) we have the same flight out today and it's her BDay so we are gonna have a few on the plane and then go out in Auckland tonight.  I can't believe I am flying to a new country today...New Zealand...I am really excited.  Its to say "oh ya I am just heading to NZ today" lol what a life.
I do have to mention something that Simona asked me to write about.  The day we went jungle treking we were heading back and all I here is something that sounded like "foreskin sandwchich:"   "Foreskin sandwhich?  is that some sort of wierd english saying or snack I don't know about?"  we laughed so hard, she had said flaskin sandwhich - I still don't know what that is.
Fiji has been amazing!!!  I am so glad I came here...I feel a little homesick from the Beachouse...we had a really great group of people staying there but it is time to move on...i really  was getting tired of doing nothing lol.  The sky here is beautiful...a completely different sky then at home...I couldn't find anything familiar in it.  It really does make you feel like you are in a different world...and I saw quite a lot of shooting starts when I sat star gazing one night.
Anyways I must check out and try and get my papers printed or I can't get on my flight.   Next time we speak I will be in New Zealand.
Talk soon

No comments:

Post a Comment